I'm new to Obsidian, but so far so great! I'm really enjoying it and I'm thrilled by its potential. Simple in appearance, a plethora of options.
The following list is a short list of my favorite plugins. First the ones included in core and then the ones built by the community.
Plugins included with Obsidian
- Graph View Of course, it had to be the first one. This is the main attraction.
- Daily notes A good one for those who like journaling, but also a good way of breaking the fear of a blank page. Just start writing and creating atomic notes.
- Quick switcher A really useful way to open files.
- Command palette A second nature feature for any developer.
- Tag pane To have everything organized and under control.
- Audio recorder Record audio directly from Obsidian.
Obsidian plugins by the community (third party)
Remember that in order to install third-party plugins, you need to turn off Safe Mode in
Settings -> Community plugins -> Safe Mode. Safe mode is on by default.
- Sliding panes This one is pretty handy for research or just to have on hand complementary notes. It simulates they way we work with paper on our desktop.
- Advanced tables For those who work with tables because markdown tables can be tricky.
- Calendar If you use "Daily notes", this is a great complement.
- Day planner A TODO list inside Obsidian to keep everything under the same roof.
- Git To keep a backup of all your files.
These are just a few of the best and most downloaded plugins. There are many more to discover.
For more information on Obsidian, visit their website.
People to follow
If you want to learn to use Obsidian you should definitely follow: